Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 10 min. Total: 25 min.
A refreshing wine and pesto sauce brings new life to lamb stir-fry.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen Italian-style green beans, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 ounces American Lamb boneless leg or sirloin, thinly sliced into 3-inch strips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces linguine or fettuccine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine broth, wine or water, pesto, cornstarch and oregano. Set aside.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil. Stir-fry carrots and green beans for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Remove vegetables from wok or skillet; set aside.
- Add lamb strips to wok or skillet. Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until slightly pink. Add vegetable mixture. Add pesto mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in tomatoes. Cook 1 minute longer. Serve over hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Defrosting Lamb: Thaw frozen lamb in the refrigerator overnight or for faster thawing, use a microwave oven, following the manufacturer’s directions. Do not thaw frozen lamb at room temperature.
Calories from Fat 187 (41%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(37%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition facts are calculated by a food expert using nutritional values provided by the USDA for common products used as recipe ingredients. Actual nutritional values may differ depending on the amounts or products used and can be affected by cooking methods.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com